The Front Royal Women’s Resource Center and the Blue Ridge Arts Council (BRAC) invite teen and adult poets from Warren County, Virginia to submit poems to the Front Royal Bathroom Poetry Project.
The Bathroom Poetry Project is an exploration of poetry in non-traditional spaces that will—
--allow the public to experience the arts in an unexpected way
--bring visitors to downtown businesses
--encourage writing by local authors.
At least 20 winning poems will be framed and displayed in the bathrooms or other spaces of restaurants and shops in downtown Front Royal, VA for a period of three months.
The winners will also be invited to participate in a “progressive reading” of the poems at each venue and an opening reception at BRAC to be held Thursday, May 21 as part of the Third Thursday Art Walk.
DEADLINE for Submissions: Friday May 1, 2009
- Poems will be accepted from poets who live in Warren County, Virginia.
- Poems can be on any topic and in any form but should be appropriate for a wide audience.
- Poems must be typed in 12-point font and be no longer than one page single-spaced.
- Poets may submit up to 3 poems.
- The name of the poet must not appear anywhere on the poem itself but should be included on a separate cover sheet.
- Separate cover sheet should include name, address, phone and email and the title of the poems submitted. Teens should note their age on this sheet.
- Adult and teen contests will be judged separately. Each venue downtown will display one poem by an adult and one poem by a teen. Teens aged 13-18 are invited to submit to the contest.
- Contest entries must be mailed by regular mail to: Bathroom Poetry Project, FRWRC, P.O. Box 1748, Front Royal, VA 22630.
- Contest is free—no entry fee required.
For more information—
Contact project coordinator Heather Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to http://bathroompoet.net/index.html.